Monday, January 9, 2012

What You Waiting For

Ideas can start out so noble and pure. After a while they can be twisted and manipulated into selfish, lustful things.

Pout Pal
I wonder how couples succeed in focusing on God first and not their family. I think at the core my idea is to be in a loving relationship with someone similar to me who loves Jesus and wants to work together to see God’s will done. That is noble.

Meanwhile my mind runs wild with selfish desire – which is not. I’m in a period of pruning and weeding that stuff out. It’s sorta painful. Like a good sore after a good work out, well that’s what it feels like now, not too long ago it sucked and I pouted like a three-year-old who had her pillow pal taken away.

Oswald Chambers wrote, “If our hopes are being disappointed just now, it means that they are being purified. There is nothing noble that the human mind has ever hoped for or dreamed of that will not be fulfilled. One of the greatest strains in life is the strain of waiting for God.”

No comments:

Post a Comment